Seed funding is our lifeline funds – all seeds that allow the Earth Community Trust to exist. Seed funds cover our simple overheads – websites, admin and premises (we have no staff – everyone gifts their time freely). Freedom funding goes to the named Voice for the Earth (be sure to write their name as the bank reference!) or contact email@example.com).
The best way are gifts received directly to our Earth Community Trust bank account:
Name of Account: The Earth Community Trust – The Earth Protectors Fund Address: Triodos Bank, Deanery Road, Bristol, BS1 5AS, UK Sort Code: 16-58-10 A/c No: 20312520
Name of Account: The Earth Community Trust – The Earth Protectors Fund Beneficiary Account Name: Triodos Bank Address: Royal Bank of Scotland, 10 Whitechapel High Street, London, E1 8DX, UK Sort Code: 16-00-34 Swift Code RBOSGB2LXXX IBAN Code: GB11RBOS16003410000856 Reference: 20312520 The Earth Community Trust.
And you can also use these gifting routes:
1. A one off or regular donation through Justgiving (UK and global)
2. A one off or regular donation through paypal (UK and global)
3. A one off donation by cheque (UK, USA via our Fiscal Sponsor, and global)
4. A one off donation by bank transfer (UK, USA and global)
5. A regular donation via a standing order (UK, USA and global).
Anyone in the world can donate via JustGiving – the only requirement is a credit, debit card or a Paypal account. Please enter your amount in £ and if you are a UK taxpayer please tick the box so that we can reclaim GiftAid making your donation worth an extra 25% to us. If you are not based in the UK the donation will not be tax deductible; just put in your amount in UK £ equivalent and tick ‘I am not a UK taxpayer’.
Anyone in the world can give via Paypal – just enter your country. Be aware, if you are not based in the UK the donation will not be tax deductible. Paypal accepts credit cards and also supports recurring donations (for recurring donations, a PayPal account is required).
Please make your cheque or money order payable to “Earth Community Trust” and send to:
Willow Court, Beeches Green, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 4BJ
Please write on the back which Voice for the Earth you wish to support.
In the US, any tax-deductible donations to give can be made via the Iris Arts and Education Group, our 501(c)(3) Fiscal Sponsor. Please make cheques payable to Iris Arts and Education Group and write Eradicating Ecocide/ECT on the back. All donations are tax-deductible.
Please send to:
Iris Arts and Education Group
1856 San Antonio Ave.
Berkeley, California 94707.
You can set up a regular donation to The Earth Community Trust by standing order by going into your bank branch or using online banking.
If you are a UK tax payer and are happy to allow us to claim Gift Aid on your donation that you have paid either by cheque, bank transfer or paypal please complete the Gift Aid declaration form or we can send one out to you (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for one to be sent). What this means is that if you send us a donation of £100, we can claim from the HMRC a further £25. If you are a higher-rate UK tax payer you can claim back 25% of your gift as well. Note: if you donate to us via JustGiving, you can simply tick ‘I am a UK taxpayer’ for Gift Aid to be claimed on our behalf.
We would love to know if your funds are on their way. We believe in transparency of funding and would like to name all those who fund us. We understand if you do not wish to be named, or if you wish for another name to be listed instead. We will check with you first before publishing your name. Some people ask for their funds to be listed in honour of or in memory of someone else instead. Please do let us know if you wish for your funds to be in another name. Currently all our funding comes from people who believe in us and what we are doing. That makes our hearts sing. You can contact us about funding or any other queries you may have by email at email@example.com.
1. To use all funds effectively for their intended purposes
2. The Earth Community Trust to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
3. To make accessible to the public the Earth Community Trust annual financial statements
4. To assure all donors that their funds will be used for the purposes for which they were given
5. To assure all donors receive acknowledgement and recognition
6. To honour all requests of confidentiality
7. To never share mailing lists or databases
8. To respond to any queries promptly, truthfully and as fully as possible
9. To reserve the right to decline funds from donors that do not uphold our values of ecological integrity and justice
10. To contact all donors with the offer of returning their funds in the event they are no longer to be used for their original purpose.
The Earth Community Trust is a registered UK Charity No.1143660
The Earth Community Trust is a People Power Plan
All rights are shared
We believe in open sourcing all our ideas